My new sax partner (Part 1)

To sum up the situation:

  • I’ve been playing saxophone a lot lately
  • my wife is currently finishing up her degree
  • my sax is loud
    • very loud
    • at times very, very loud

I decided to look at getting a saxophone mute. Brass mutes are easy. Cram a mute in the bell, its muted. With saxophones the sounds comes out everywhere. So there isn’t an easy way to mute it.. Until now.

_DSC2015

This came US Mail. The mailman brought it up to the door. The fact that it says “sax partner” on the side, got his attention. He didn’t want to ask, but human nature kicked in..

“This is for a saxophone right?”

I explained what it is. You basically put your saxophone in it, and you plug your headphones into it so you can practice. He sighed a sigh of relief and was on his way. I should have said this was a Chinese knockoff of a real doll.

This blog post may have a mixed audience. For the regulars, sorry if this goes in the weeds in music. For the music guys, sorry it isn’t as deep as you may want.

It was packed as I would expect.

_DSC2013

Out of the box, this is what it looks like:

_DSC2018

Basically you put your sax here:

_DSC2028

One hand here:

_DSC2024

and the other here:

_DSC2025

There is a microphone

_DSC2032

It has some adjustable mounts that are supposed to make it customizable to fit any horn

_DSC2044

Here’s my tenor in it

_DSC2049

After closing it up, this is what it looks like.

_DSC2056

That’s the concept. Part 2 will have the details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

My new sax partner (Part 2)

Venus De Milo’s Butt