My new sax partner (Part 2)

(Part one is here)

For those of you still with me.. Here are the details.

Playing low notes are a bit hard. They do offer a low note enhancer that ships with the kit.

Please note this is for the saxophone.

_DSC2033

Here is the support for the bell.

_DSC2042

It does not hold the neck of my sax very well. In order to get the support in without hitting my keys, I had to put it where only one row of the pegs are inserted. This doesn’t provide much stability, but does work.

_DSC2050

The bell support reaches in and pushes the low B key open. That makes for some interesting sounding notes.

_DSC2054

Now the whole sax seems to need be shifter higher than the case was designed for because of the shape of the neck.

_DSC2053

This creates another issue. The padding from the top will actually catch the octave key, and hold it open.

There is one last issue with it.

_DSC2063

Looking at the picture above, the side keys are slightly higher than the hand hole allows access to. This means that some fingerings will not be accessible through the sax partner with this particular sax.

From what I could tell, it does muffle the sound to acceptable levels. However, the issue is how well my particular saxophone fits in it. Looks like it’s going back. How sad.

Comments

  1. Nice Review. I have the same Sax Partner for my Tenor. But in my case the Yamaha YTS-475 fits perfectly. I really like the case.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

Venus De Milo’s Butt