You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

15460_16ozCottonDeckMop_4uh… Yes.

I don’t want to put my spin on it.. Here it is from ESPN.

Sunnyside H.S. (Wash.)
Wrestling

In the school's wrestling room, a 15-year-old boy was allegedly sodomized with a mop handle while teammates held him down and dozens of other wrestlers watched. The attack sent the boy, bleeding and traumatized, to the hospital for a week. He suffered  internal injuries. Richard Melendrez, 18, pleaded guilty to second-degree reckless endangerment and was given 60 days in a work-release program. Second-degree rape charges that were pending against three others in juvenile court were reduced to fourth-degree assault.

It must have been in the air. From the same year, same article:

Johnson Creek H.S. (Wisc.)
Wrestling

Wrestlers admitted taping a teammate but denied sodomizing him with a mop handle, as the victim claimed. Four juveniles settled their cases out of court and two were acquitted.

So back in the day this was big. Google “Mop Handle Sunnyside”. I was a Junior in High School when this happened. There was a ton of reporters at our school. The incident was embarrassing to the person who got it (in the butt). So much so that he changed his name and moved to another school. And also went on Donahue. People passed around the VHS tape, what you did before YouTube, and couldn’t believe that it happened!

I remember when we’d play other teams in sports, like basketball, our rival Grandview would should things like “Stop the mop”.

The reason I bring this up… Sunnyside is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. I now live in the Seattle area. I’m used to saying something like Sunnyside… Yes in Washington… Other side of the mountains.. You know where Yakima is? Tri-Cities? It’s somewhere in-between.

Sometimes, I get. Oh, I know Sunnyside, You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

My response… Uh… Yes.

Comments

  1. My conversations about where I'm from go exactly the same way! LOL ~Adri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My new sax partner (Part 2)

Venus De Milo’s Butt