Who steals trim from a car?

Let’s set the scene. It was a cold and rainy morning…..

Wake up.. Check..

Get ready for work .. Check..

Walk out to car… Check.. wait a minute. What the hell happened to my car?

Jetta1

Jetta2

Someone ripped the license plate off and stole the trim and light assembly. They left the license plate next to the car. I guess that at least was a positive.

I called Everett Police. I get the automated prompt. If this is an emergency or you want to report a crime, call 911. Well, this is not 911 material. I get through and find out I’m not in Everett after all, and need to talk to the sheriff. They transfer me to 911.

“911. What’s your emergency?” 

“Uh… Someone stole the trim off my car.. I guess it’s not an emergency really… But I didn’t want to call 911, the police made me.. Really I don’t want to waste your time dealing with this. You should be saving lives or something.”

Okay. Maybe I’m taking a bit of creative license here. That’s not *exactly* what I said. Get all that taken care of, talk to the sheriff, blah blah blah

Time to call insurance.. God I’m I dreading this. I’ve been with Geico for sometime. They’ve got great rates. Obviously these great rates are going to cost me service right?

Wrong.

I call them and 5 minutes later, they’re asking if I can be at the body shop in 15 minutes. The Geico adjuster will be onsite ready to handle everything.

Really?

They’ll also have a rental car waiting for me so I can get on with my day and get to work..

Sure…. but..

I get there and the adjuster is super friendly and nice. I’m in and out of there in no time. Later that day they call and say it can be picked up at 5:00pm.

I leave work a little early and run to get it..

Jetta3

Jetta4

Okay.. Not my actual plates

It looks great, and it was stress free. The body shop had the car cleaned in and out. Sucks that I had to pay the deductible, but I honestly couldn’t imagine better service from Geico, Special Interest Body Shop (http://www.specialinterestautobody.com/), or Enterprise Rent a Car.

I’ve learned something today. You can pay less and still get great service. And people steal trim from cars, even seven year old Jettas.

Comments

  1. Maybe Geico stole it so they could show you how awesome their customer service is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why??? It is the only thing that comes to my mind. Maybe I am just not informed enough on what you can really do with car trims...glad u came out of this with a positive experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

My new sax partner (Part 2)

Venus De Milo’s Butt