India: Part 6 – Delhi

We just got in to the airport after an exciting morning (by exciting, I mean it sucked). However, we were looking forward to move to the next part of our vacation… The sightseeing!

We took a tour through New Delhi and Old Delhi (yes there’s an Old Delhi). It was great. The only problem was that we were walking all over the place with me having a back that I threw out earlier in the morning moving luggage around, and Heather just getting sick. But we decided not let that stop us.

P1010096

We went to the largest Mosque in Delhi. It was pretty amazing. Heather had to wrap up in woman Mosque attire, and we had to leave our shoes at the front. The tour guide was very cool and explained quite a bit about the history and P1010101uses of the mosque. To me the funny part was that the temporary garb that Heather had to wear was in no doubt a temporary outfit. We’d laugh when we’d see someone else wearing the same thing. We took a ton of pictures there, but that’s all the commentary I have for that location. So no more pictures here.

P1010172

We then went to a tomb of one of the rulers of India. Although it looks similar to the Taj Mahal, I assure you this is not it. But honestly, when we first saw this area, our jaws dropped. The whole grounds were just awe-inspiring. This area is similar to the Taj, but a lot smaller and it only had two gardens to the Taj’s four. Plus it doesn’t have all the other stuff that the Taj has like the columns, and the Mosques, etc. This is another place where we took a ton of pics. Purely breathtaking.

P1010250

We then went the parliament building, but on our way out of the tomb area, we actually saw cows roaming the streets. I’ve known a few people that I’ve worked with from India, and they say it isn’t like that in the cities. Well… Now I know it depends on where you go. Take the pictures word for it. Cows are roaming in India in the streets. Maybe not “downtown” in the financial/business districts, but in the city limits indeed.

Comments

  1. I love what Heather is wearing. Will she buy one for herself to wear all over town when she gets home. hehe. She looks cute I bet you both are having a wonderful time.

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how well that outfit would go over in Seattle. Only Mosques in India.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

My new sax partner (Part 2)

Venus De Milo’s Butt