Vacation: It comes to an end

Tonight we just got back from Canterbury, Leeds Castle, and the White Cliffs of Dover. Turns out… That’s the last thing on the list of things to do besides get on an airplane and come back home. Booo!
I guess, to recap. Taj Mahal... much more impressive in person. I really can’t explain how much more detailed it is than the pictures show it to be. You stand back and it’s impressive. You get right next to it, and it’s more so.
DSC_0098DSC_0149DSC_0133DSC_0142
Indian weddings.. A blast. They know how to live it up.

People in India think I’m Indian. They kept speaking Hindi to me. One of the times I got asked if I was Indian, I said no. The follow up question was, “are you sure?”

The rest of India was great, but we were glad to get to London. India has a ton of things to see, but it just has a different feel that we’re not accustomed to. Things just felt a little more normal in London.

On our trip to Europe, we pretty much just did the highlights..
 DSC_0195   DSC_0198 
We’ve really enjoyed ourselves and I feel like I really got a chance to unwind. But I am looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. That’s the whole purpose of a vacation I suppose. To get you away to recharge so you can come back invigorated. I think I’ve accomplished that. I’m ready to come back to work and start again with the challenges that await (as masochistic as that seems.).

Honestly, I’m also glad to be coming back to a chiropractor visit. I can’t face the challenges of work if I can’t bend down and pick up my pen.

And a few more pics…

Canterbury Cathedral
DSC_0102  

The White Cliffs of Dover (the off-white cliffs of dover doesn’t have the same ring)
DSC_0052

Leeds Castle
DSC_0038

and London Bridge (not falling down)
DSC_0135

Overall a good trip. The Rick Steve’s guides were invaluable. I suggest getting one for wherever you are going. It has good info on how to do things a little more inexpensively. For instance, instead of booking a coach from London to Salisbury, it said where to catch the train and how to get to Stonehenge from Salisbury. I think it was more fun that way because we got to decide how long to stay at a given spot, and less expensive than booking a tour. Our day trip to Paris was almost exactly page 435 out of Rick Steve’s London 2010 guide. The funniest part about that was that we were looking for Paris directions from our London guide book.

Well next time I post, I’ll be back in the great pacific northwest (which is almost the same weather as London).

and jet lagged…

Comments

  1. You should have your back looked at over there. I hear they have great services.... and best of all they are free!!!!

    Cheers Mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I thought about going in to the doc here (in London), but I'm used to mine. Pain killers worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos!
    I have no idea as to why the Indians would be insistant to claim you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It happened again on the plane ride back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

My new sax partner (Part 2)

Venus De Milo’s Butt