Time to start technobabbling

The big hurdle now is coming back from vacation and getting back to the grind. I thought I was fired up and ready to take on new challenges, but I found myself being reminded why I was in desperate need of a vacation to begin with.

Old and new dramas were what waited for me back at home. Is it too early to start looking forward to next years vacation? Just 50 weeks left!

One thing that keeps coming up is posting my pictures. Although I consider myself technically savvy, I never really had a blog. My problem with it always has been the sharing of information. If I say that a vendor {x} is crappy, then will that come back to bite me later when I try to negotiate a contract with said vendor later?

Same with employment. All of us have bad days. I’m not likely to share when I’ve had a good/normal day at work (not unless something extraordinary happened). I’m likely going to vent about some crazy situation. If my posts reflected only my frustrations, then that wouldn't look good on me either.

So as I start to develop this blog, I will have to deal with the same problem billions of bloggers have already tackled. How much do I share? How personal do I get? Should I talk about work?

This dilemma came up when a companies product I use at home wasn’t working for me anymore. I was going to blast the company and it’s practices. But it’s business line is excellent. I didn’t want my hated for the consumer line to damage any relationship I had with the company, so I kept it to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

My new sax partner (Part 2)

Venus De Milo’s Butt