The Internet is a bad thing for hypochondriacs


So I’m getting ready to go on vacation. And one of the stops is India. I had to get a ton of shots (4) and 2 immunizations through pills, and an additional “just in case” prescription. For those of you who are lazy, that is seven prescriptions. But how can you not be curious why. So I Google common diseases in India and come across this: http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/travel-health/india.htm.
Great….. Japanese encephalitis?!!? toxoplasmosis!?!?! What? How can you not keep digging deeper and deeper and seeing what else you can get.
Okay, now that I know what I can get, I start looking up the side effects of the prescriptions. The one that I take in case I get abdominal pain or discomfort, actually could give me abdominal pain or discomfort. Not only that, but it can make me go crazy… Well, they call it toxic psychosis. Not only does my stomach hurt, but now I could get psychotic. “Honey, I no longer am having stomach problems, but I want to skin a human and wear the skin as a suit.”
Sometimes Google is not your friend. It is an evil repository of knowledge that tells me things that occasionally I’m better off not knowing.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

My new sax partner (Part 2)

Venus De Milo’s Butt