Edinburgh. Lots to see!

This is a great city. The architecture is great. We started with a bus tour of the city and went to the castle. Almost exactly what we did in Cardiff, but Scotland so far beats Wales.

On the way to the tour we saw the Greyfriars Bobby Statue. It’s a statue dedicated to the dog that stayed by his masters side after death for 14 years. The city folk fed him and took care of him until he himself died.

_DSC0872

We’re just walking along.. La la la la la.. Then our conversation went something like this:

Why is there a statue of a dog?

I don’t know.

Oh, hey, that says Greyfriars over there..

Hey, this is Greyfriars bobby!

Cool.

The city tour was cool. Saw stuff like this:

_DSC0880

_DSC0889

_DSC0919

Not sure how you’d attack this castle.

Riding around, we walked up to the castle and wandered around. Very nice museums and exhibits in there too. Here’s a random sample.

_DSC0932

_DSC1021

_DSC1049

I’ve taken over 877 pictures so far. This doesn’t scratch the surface. I really haven’t had time to review most of them. These are some that I’ve found so far, that I thought. That’s cool. I’ll post more after I sift through them.

One thing that I did try today is a Scottish soda called Irn Bru. We were told at the B&B, that this stuff is as Scottish as haggis, bagpipes, and whiskey. It was like carbonated Tang and energy drink in one! Not bad, but if I had two my head would explode.

Walking around town and walking all over the castle pooped us out.

Well, off to bed early today. Tomorrow, we have a 12 hour tour….. a 12 hour tour.. And the weather did start getting rough… Very windy today. It almost blew Heather off some stairs.. No really!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

My new sax partner (Part 2)

Venus De Milo’s Butt