I saw Nellie!

Why are all pictures of mythical creatures blurry?

_DSC1230

Today we hopped on a Gray Line bus and went to Loch Ness. The scenery was what you would expect from Scotland._DSC1189

On the way we stopped at Glencoe. It was really nice. The bus driver said not to encourage the piper that was hanging around because he was god awful. But the tourists love him.

_DSC1194

I couldn’t help but get him in the picture because he was in the way! He was pretty bad.

We then went up to Loch Ness. Okay, we obviously didn’t see the monster, but I did see some scotch on the boat at the bar and drank some. Had a nice Tomatin Single Malt. Was pretty good! I think the funny thing is so far, I’ve had scotch that I’m pretty sure I can get in the states. That’s a good sign.

_DSC1212

The bus driver, who was also our tour guide, said the question he gets most is what’s under his kilt (answer: nothing). His words not mine: “I used to be a paratrooper, but now I’m a commando.”

The second question is what whiskey is best. His list:

1. Laphroaig

2. Glenfiddich

3. Glenmorangie

He says he switches them out. Drinks it neat. But keeps them chilled in the refrigerator. He usually drinks Laphroiag in the winter, and drinks them all depending on mood. There you go. There is your scotch drinking tip from an actual Scotsman.

He also has a disdain for blended scotch or adding anything to it (including ice, water, or any mixer like soda).

I already have a bottle of Glenfiddich at home that I enjoy from time to time, but will have to give the others a try.

There you go. Get to drinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

My new sax partner (Part 2)

Venus De Milo’s Butt