They don’t encourage drinking Scotland

Our time in Scotland is coming to a close. We slept in a little today because we needed it! After sending some stuff back home through the mail, we hit the town one last time. Turns out we bought enough stuff that it would be challenging to send home, so we had to mail it. Who’d of thought that bagpipes would fill a suitcase Winking smile.

We went to a few pubs today, a tour, and a vodka bar. The funny part of today was that we went to the vodka place, because I needed a break from beer and scotch. So Heather ordered a vodka cran, and I said, I’d have one, but make it a double. The girl told me about the exuberant pricing of doubles. She also mentioned that they price the doubles high because they don’t encourage drinking in Scotland.

This sounded a little off to me, because the stereotype is that they do in fact encourage drinking in Scotland. I guess there are these new rules that restrict the sale of alcohol. She also said something about having to offer water after every drink.

There you have it. They are cracking down on drinking in Scotland. That didn’t stop us from getting free scotch as part of our underground Edinburgh tour!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

You’re from that place where that guy got a mop handle in the butt.

My new sax partner (Part 2)

Venus De Milo’s Butt